A few helpful tips:
- Big data is sufficient. All those adjectives preceding “Big” are extremely, massively, extraordinarily, incredibly unnecessary
- “Big data scientist with big data experience” sounds as stupid on my end as it would if you were to say it out loud… and you should try saying that out loud before you put it in an email cause it sounds pretty darn stupid
- You probably won’t find people with 10 years of Elasticsearch experience, seeing as it’s only been around for 5-6 years. Same goes for Spark. Same goes for etc etc.
- I am not “Looknig” to connect.
- I am, however, paying attention to details.
- So when you send emails to developers about how you exclusively focus on candidates in the Seattle area and then follow it up two minutes later with an email about how you exclusively focus on candidates in Atlanta…. odds are pretty good the people you are emailing will notice that (and if they don’t, trust me, you don’t want to hire them anyway).